Spirulina is the blue-green phenomenon.
It’s an algae that comes with too many benefits to be overlooked. Yes, spirulina is an algae, like the kind you see on top of a pond.
Spirulina has a similar nutritional profile to other sea vegetables like chlorella and kelp. It’s loaded with protein and has been used by countless cultures throughout the world.
And the benefits of spirulina are impressive, to say the least…
The Benefits of Spirulina
- Spirulina detoxes heavy metals
- Spirulina eliminates candida
- Spirulina has been shown to improve HIV and AIDS
- Spirulina helps prevent cancer
- Spirulina lowers blood pressure
- Spirulina lowers cholesterol
- Spirulina reduces chances of stroke
- Spirulina alleviates sinus issues
- Spirulina is an antidote to arsenic poisoning
More About Spirulina
- Spirulina is 65-71 percent complete protein compared to beef, which is only 22 percent, and lentils, which is only 26 percent.
- There are well over 1,000 peer-reviewed scientific articles evaluating the health benefits of spirulina.
- Spirulina has about the same amount of phosphorous, magnesium, and calcium as milk.
- Spirulina is rich in B vitamins, especially vitamin B12.
- Spirulina improves muscle strength and endurance, making it a great fitness supplemetn.
- Spirulina is being investigated to address things like food security, malnutrition, and as dietary support in long-term space flights or Mars missions.
Top 3 Spirulina Supplements
Related articles: The Benefits of Moringa