“I tell people that all they need to do is heal their gut. If you do that, everything else will take care of itself.” – Dr. Josh Axe
Gut health is EVERYTHING.
80% of our immune system is in our gut. And it influences everything from immunity to brain function.
There are more “non-human” cells in our gut (bacteria and viruses) than “human cells” in our body. We are literally ecosystems. And the gut is the most densely populated area of the human ecosystem.
When it comes to gut health, one kind of supplement is king. And that is probiotics.
Probiotics are essentially the “good” bacteria of the gut. This good bacteria helps digest food, promotes a healthy immune system and even supports brain function.
According to Dr. Axe, your good gut bacteria is also responsible for:
- Producing vitamin B12, butyrate and vitamin K2
- Crowding out bad bacteria, yeast and fungi
- Creating enzymes that destroy harmful bacteria
- Stimulating secretion of IgA and regulatory T-cells
The Benefits of Probiotics
- Improves digestion
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces allergies
- Supports women’s health (vaginal health depends on a good balance of bacteria)
- Supports weight loss
- Increased energy (due to increased Vitamin B12 production)
- Better breathe (kills candida)
- Promotes skin health
- Heals leaky gut and inflammatory bowel disease
- Reduces occurrences of cold and flu
The Top 7 Probiotic Killers
To maintain good gut health, reduce or eliminate the following:
- Prescription antibiotics
- Tap water
- GMO foods
- Emotional stress
- Chemicals and medications
More About Probiotics and Gut Health
- Probiotics have been shown to reduce allergies. This is because allergies are the result of a compromised immune system. And 80% of the immune system resides within the gut.
- In 2006, Stanford University researchers found that obese people had different gut bacteria compared to people of average weight. This shows that gut health affects overall weight.
- Gut bacteria creates 95% of the body’s serotonin.
- Over 40 diseases have been linked to bacterial imbalance in the gut. These include depression, arthritis, IBS and cancer.
The Top 3 Probiotics Supplements
|Garden of Life|
The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar