Everyone knows what garlic is.
But few people know just how powerful this common household food can be.
Garlic is actually a superfood and the extensive benefits of garlic should make it a staple in every kitchen.
It’s not just for fighting vampires. Garlic is one of the most potent antibacterial foods in the world.
The Benefits of Garlic
- Reduces inflammation
- Prevents food poisoning (through anti-bacterial properties)
- Fights infections
- Fights cancer
- Fights colds
- Boosts immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Reduces exercise-induced fatigue
- Improves bone health
More About Garlic
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops. It was supposedly fed to the builders of the Great Pyramid in Egypt in the belief that it gave them strength and endurance.
- April 19th is National Garlic Day.
- There are over 300 varieties of garlic
- Garlic is a member of the Lily family, which also includes onions, leeks and shallots.
- In ancient Greece, brides carried bouquets of herbs and garlic, not flowers.
- Garlic applied on wounds can heal them faster. During World War I, this healing quality of garlic was used extensively by British soldiers.
The Top 3 Garlic Supplements
|Oregon’s Wild Harvest|