“I tell people that all they need to do is heal their gut. If you do that, everything else will take care of itself.” – Dr. Josh Axe
Gut health is EVERYTHING.
80% of our immune system is in our gut. And it influences everything from immunity to brain function.
There are more “non-human” cells in our gut (bacteria and viruses) than “human cells” in our body. We are literally ecosystems. And the gut is the most densely populated area of the human ecosystem.
When it comes to gut health, one kind of supplement is king. And that is probiotics.
Probiotics are essentially the “good” bacteria of the gut. This good bacteria helps digest food, promotes a healthy immune system and even supports brain function.
According to Dr. Axe, your good gut bacteria is also responsible for:
- Producing vitamin B12, butyrate and vitamin K2
- Crowding out bad bacteria, yeast and fungi
- Creating enzymes that destroy harmful bacteria
- Stimulating secretion of IgA and regulatory T-cells
The Benefits of Probiotics
- Improves digestion
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces allergies
- Supports women’s health (vaginal health depends on a good balance of bacteria)
- Supports weight loss
- Increased energy (due to increased Vitamin B12 production)
- Better breathe (kills candida)
- Promotes skin health
- Heals leaky gut and inflammatory bowel disease
- Reduces occurrences of cold and flu
The Top 7 Probiotic Killers
To maintain good gut health, reduce or eliminate the following:
- Prescription antibiotics
- Tap water
- GMO foods
- Emotional stress
- Chemicals and medications
Source: Dr. Axe
More About Probiotics and Gut Health
- Probiotics have been shown to reduce allergies. This is because allergies are the result of a compromised immune system. And 80% of the immune system resides within the gut.
- In 2006, Stanford University researchers found that obese people had different gut bacteria compared to people of average weight. This shows that gut health affects overall weight.
- Gut bacteria creates 95% of the body’s serotonin.
- Over 40 diseases have been linked to bacterial imbalance in the gut. These include depression, arthritis, IBS and cancer.
The Top 3 Probiotics Supplements
||Garden of Life
The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
“Silver has health benefits? Like, the metal?”
That’s the natural reaction when someone comes across colloidal silver.
Colloidal silver is a liquid. And it’s created using electrolysis to suspend pure, metallic elemental silver in distilled water.
Colloidal silver has long been used in natural medicine. Its use for common health issues like sinuses and colds is powerful. And the benefits of colloidal silver go far beyond that.
The Benefits of Colloidal Silver
More About Colloidal Silver
- Before the invention of the refrigerator, silver coins were used to preserve drinks like milk. Because silver was known to prevent the growth of algae, bacteria and other harmful organisms.
- Since ancient times, silver was used to stop the spread of diseases.
- Silver was commonly used as an antibiotic until the 1940’s, when modern antibiotics were widely adopted.
- UCLA Medical School found that over 650 different disease-causing pathogens were destroyed in minutes when exposed to small amounts of silver.
- Modern antibiotic drugs are designed to fight specific strains of bacteria. But many illnesses are composed of many strains of bacteria and even viruses. In these cases, antibiotics are virtually useless, yet colloidal silver is highly effective.
The Top 3 Colloidal Silver Supplements
||Healthy Body Inc.
||Natural Path Silver Wings
Activated charcoal is the ultimate detoxifier.
It essentially traps toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out. In this way, the toxins don’t stay circulating within the body.
Activated charcoal can be made from a variety of sources. However, the best are natural sources such as coconut shells.
Chemicals and toxins bind to activated charcoal in a process called adsorption. Yes, that’s adsorption, which is the term for this binding effect.
Activated charcoal is used in emergency medical centers worldwide as a treatment for poisoning as well as overdoses. It’s really that effective. But it’s benefits extend into day-to-day life as well…
The Benefits of Activated Charcoal
More About Activated Charcoal
- Activated charcoal can actually prevent hangovers.
- Activated charcoal is not the same kind of charcoal on your barbecue grill. So don’t consume barbecue charcoal.
- Princeton University mentions the administration of activated charcoal in its First Aider’s Guide to Alcohol
- Activated charcoal can purify air, removing odors and even helping food last longer.
- Activated charcoal purifies water, and is used in many water filters.
- Just two grams of activated charcoal powder has approximately the same surface area as a football field!
The Top 3 Activated Charcoal Supplements
More amazing health supplements: