Have you ever heard of Boswellia?
This one is a hidden gem…
Boswellia is a super herb whose health benefits fly under most people’s radars.
The name boswellia actually refers to an entire genus of herbs, consisting of many species. The collection of boswellia species is also known as frankincense. Now frankincense is a term most people are familiar with. Additionally, frankincense oil (which is another name for the extracts of boswellia) has long been touted for its healing properties.
The most studied species of boswellia is boswellia serrata. And that’s what this article will be focusing on.
Boswellia serrata is a tree native to India. It is an Ayurvedic herb that has been a core part of Indian medicine for thousands of years. And it comes with many health benefits…
The Benefits of Boswellia
Note: Each benefit is linked to a corresponding study.
- Boswellia is anti-inflammatory
- Boswellia has anti-cancer properties
- Boswellia has been shown to heal ulcerative colitis
- Boswellia has been shown to reduce asthma
- Boswellia is an effective treatment for osteoarthritis
- Boswellia helps speed up recovery from infections
- Boswellia prevents autoimmune diseases
- Boswellia reduces joint and arthritis pain
More About Boswellia
- Boswellia is also known as Indian Frankincense, Salai, Salai Guggul and Gajabhakshya.
- Boswellia shares many similar benefits with turmeric. Both can actually be used together in a synergistic way.
- Frankincense oil (the extract from boswellia trees) has long been used as an anti-inflammatory medication.
- Boswellia serrata is classified as a phytopharmaceutical (a pharmaceutical agent of plant origin).
The Top 3 Boswellia Supplements
|Tattva’s Herbs||$59.95 (2 pack)|