Gotu Kola is called “the herb of enlightenment” in Eastern culture.
And for good reason!
The benefits of Gotu Kola range from concrete and scientifically proven to more esoteric and spiritual.
Gotu Kola’s scientific name is centella asiatica. It is native to Asia and South Africa, where it has long been used for its medicinal properties.
In addition, Gotu Kola is one of the few herbal supplements that you can actually feel. When taken regularly, Gotu Kola produces undeniable cognitive benefits.
Here is a list of the benefits Gotu Kola has to offer…
The Benefits of Gotu Kola
- Gotu Kola helps reduce anxiety
- Gotu Kola protects veins and blood vessels (helps with varicose veins)
- Gotu Kola combats high blood pressure
- Gotu Kola increases longevity
- Gotu Kola boosts the central nervous system
- Gotu Kola repairs skin damage
- Gotu Kola improves the circulatory system
- Gotu Kola has antibacterial properties
- Gotu Kola increases cognitive abilities
- Gotu Kola accelerates wound healing
- Gotu Kola is anti-inflammatory
- Gotu Kola is a powerful antioxidant
- Gotu Kola boosts energy (and sex drive)
More About Gotu Kola
- Gotu Kola has often been used in the practice of yoga and meditation.
- Because of it’s longevity benefits, another nickname for Gotu Kola is “the fountain of youth.”
- The extract of Gotu Kola stems and leaves can be made into gels, creams, capsule supplements and ointments to treat everything from anxiety to cardiovascular conditions.
The Top 3 Gotu Kola Supplements